Many people are restricted in their mobility and need mobility aids to help them stay in their own home for as long as possible. That is why walking aids such as rollators or walkers are particularly useful for people with limited walking functions, so that they can continue to move independently on straight surfaces.
The mechanical stair aid for elderly AssiStep is now available to help overcome stairs safely and independently.
List of contents
✓ What exactly is the stair aid for elderly?
✓ How does the stair aid for elderly work?
✓ Who is the stair aid for elderly suitable for?
✓ What does the stair aid for elderly cost?
✓ Advantages of the stair aid for elderly
✓ What should you pay attention to when buying a stair aid for elderly?
What exactly is the stair aid for elderly?
AssiStep is the revolutionary new development in the area of accessibility and mobility aids for people with restricted walking functions. The stair aid for elderly supports you and safeguards you when climbing stairs so that you can stay active and keep your independence.
The mechanical stair aid for elderly AssiStep consists of a handrail and a handle. The handle is attached to the handrail and moved along the handrail and rail when in use. The rail system is mounted on the wall along the stairs.
It has a patented locking mechanism that prevents you from sliding or falling on the stairs. As soon as you apply pressure to the handle, it locks and provides the necessary support and safety.
AssiStep is made from high-quality and sustainable materials such as stainless steel and anodized aluminum and takes up very little space, as it only protrudes 18 cm from the wall when folded in.
How does the stair aid for elderly work?
When going up the stairs, hold on to the lower part of the handle.
- Move the handle an arm's length forwards and upwards. Your arms should be fully extended.
- Now take a step up the stairs.
- Repeat this for each step.
When you go down the stairs, hold onto the upper part of the handle.
- Lift the outer edge of the handle slightly.
- With the handle raised, push the handle a full arm away from you.
- After you have put down the handle and it is locked, you can take a step down.
- Repeat this for each step.
The simple use is completely mechanical and does not require the help of an accompanying person.
"We have made it our duty to make people more independent and safer in everyday life and to enable them to maintain and promote their walking function in their own homes"
Who is the stair aid for elderly suitable for?
The AssiStep stair aid for elderly is suitable for people with limited walking function and difficulties when climbing stairs - both as support and protection on the stairs, as well as a means for daily training of the walking function.
For example, AssiStep is used by people who:
- Multiple sclerosis
- Cerebral palsy
- Old age
- Incomplete Paraplegia
- Bone fractures
are restricted in their mobility and walking function.
What does the stair aid for elderly cost?
We receive many calls from customers asking, "How much does the AssiStep cost?".
AssiStep represents an affordable alternative to the electric stairlift, for people who plan to stay active on a daily basis.
The price of the mechanical stair aid for elderly depends on several factors. AssiStep does not have to be individually adapted to your stairs.
The price is influenced, for example, by the course of the stairs, the conditions on site such as wall material or depth differences in the wall, the number of curves, the length of the rail system required and the desired extra equipment.
There are two main reasons how we're able to keep the prices much lower than stair lifts:
- The AssiStep is a 100% mechanical product, keeping it simple and reliable. There's usually no need for service, and it still works if the power is out in your home
- The AssiStep is a 100% module based system. This means that we don't need to tailor our handrail system to your stair, but can instead use finished high quality modules and adapt it to your stair on sight. This reduces labor intensive work and makes it possible for us to install the product in your home quickly.
Advantages of the stair aid for elderly
- No building permit required
- High reliability because AssiStep works 100% mechanically and also works in the event of a power failure
- No customization required
- Short delivery time from acceptance of the offer
- No maintenance contract required (however, maintenance contracts are offered by our sales partners, if desired!)
What should you pay attention to when buying a stair aid for elderly?
We always recommend to get a consultation from our experts and a test run to ensure that the AssiStep stair aid for elderly is the right solution for you and your loved ones.
On request, the installation can be carried out at short notice, since no building permits are required and the AssiStep stair aid for elderly is a module-based system. This means that the delivery and assembly times are short.