What is the AssiStep?
The AssiStep is an innovative and revolutionary stair climbing aid that allows you to continue mastering stairs in your own home.
With the assistance the product gives, you can walk your stairs safely and with increased support, both while descending and ascending the stairs. The AssiStep is equipped with a secure handle that stays locked when you apply force to it, and provides a physical hindrance that prevents stair falling. The patented and unique braking system allows for easy and safe stair climbing.
The handle is ergonomically shaped, giving you many different gripping opportunities both on the way up and down the stairs. Furthermore, the railing system is completely modular, which means it can be installed and delivered quickly after purchase, even for curved stairs.
How does the AssiStep work?
When ascending the stairs, simply push the light aluminum handle in front of you (like you would with a walker). When you pull the handle downwards, it stays locked so you can support yourself on the handle while climbing a step up.
When descending the stairs, you can slightly lift the outer section of the handle to disengage the locking mechanism. As soon as you apply force to the handle it will automatically go into a locked position, and thereby giving you support while climbing a step down.
The AssiStep secures and supports you when climbing stairs on a daily basis, giving you independence from others, and maintaining activity.
Similar to most accessibility aids that needs to be installed in a private home, the AssiStep price depends on several factors, such as:
- What is the length of your staircase?
- Do you have a straight or curved stair?
- Do you want the handle parked in the staircase, or away from the stairs?
- Can we install directly on the wall, without using a backboard for increased strength?
- Do you need any specific features or options?
There are two main reasons why we're able to keep our pricing affordable to you:
1. The AssiStep is a 100% mechanical product, keeping it simple and reliable. There's usually no need for service or maintenance, and it still works if the power is out in your home.
2. The AssiStep is a 100% modular product. This means that it's not necessary to tailor make the handrail system for your stair, but we can instead use high quality modules and adapt it to your staircase. This enables quick delivery times to you.
How can the AssiStep keep you independent in your home?
There are many unique advantages of the AssiStep-system:
- It keeps you active and healthy for as long as possible
- It allows you to maintain, or even improve balance, walking ability and gait function
- It provides increased safety both when ascending and descending your stairs
- It prevents falls, since the handle stays locked if you were to fall on it
- It includes a high-quality stainless steel handrail and therefore adds value to everyone using the stairs
Where is the AssiStep available?
The AssiStep is available in over 20 countries world wide. Click the links below to find more information and contact details to our representative in your country.
Can I rent an AssiStep?
Would you like to save costs with the AssiStep? In that case it might be a good solution to rent it, if you only have a short term need. Notice that rental is only available in selected markets.
Our product advisors are happy to inform you about the possible financing options as well as all other relevant pricing information.